Wednesday 1 July 2015

My current pond.

My current pond, started off life at my parents house, in the corner of their garden, and when my dad decided he wanted to build his own, he sent it up, (well delivered it up). And my first pond had arrived.



Yes I know what your thinking, that's no Koi pond, I've seem bigger water features, but every one has to start some where.

And I started by stealing the pump out of my wife's water feature, to get the water moving,  I decided to have a go at building my own gravel filter,  which I constructed out of a planter, some push fit plumbing parts, and some sound and gravel. 


Forcing the water down to the bottom of the gravel, and then allowing it to filter up through the gravel and stone, before it came out the overflow pipe at the top.

And to be fair it worked really well, and kept the pond nice a clean and clear.

My journey on fish keeping had begun.

1 comment:

  1. For me, owning a pond can offer you a sense of peace and calmness in your life. You will find it relaxing even if you're just looking at it. Anyway, I would say, this pond is very nice. There are some things you'll need to add though, to enhance the beauty of this little pond.Why don't you try to put pond dye?
    dyeing makes your pond aesthetically appealing and it can also help you to control the growth of algae in your pond.

    ReplyDelete