Friday 3 July 2015

Pond Brain Storming

So, as my passion for my pond grows, so do my pond ambitions, so it is time to start planning for my new pond. I have decided that I want another raised pond, so I started searching google for images of ponds and styles that I liked.


Brick corner pond

Square with built in water feature


Square pond, with wall mounted water blade.


Brick built, with feature wall


Simple wooden sleeper pond.





After looking at the designs, and working out build costs, and my ability, I decided to go for a wooden framed pond, during my period on design, I called into my local world of water store and as I walked in, the had my perfect pond made up in the walkway as you walked in.


This particular pond came in a kit form, and it wasn't so much the kit, more the size and style that I was interested in.

It measured 2.5m x 1.5m x 0.7, which would hold 1357 litres. Which would allow me to keep my current pond and filter system which would handle upto 1500 litres per hour.

This size pond would fit perfectly on my patio, with out taking up to much space. Whilst giving me the extra size that I was after, 

It was great being able to see the size pond, in the flesh, rather than just looking at it on the Internet.

Rather than buying the kit at £749, I wanted to build the same size and style on pond out of sleeper style timber.

No comments:

Post a Comment